|Home | The Fishing | About The Club | Seasons and Prices | Hass Lochs | Links | Members | Daily Returns Form | Forum | Rules|
~ RULES ~
1. Any permit holder may fish with single rod and line the following stretches of water.
The River Teviot.
On the Timpendean Stretch from Chesters to the A68 old bridge, on the south bank only.
From the outflow of the River Oxnam to the Eckford Estate boundary on the south or Crailing Bank.
On the North bank from the outflow of the Oxnam, except the stretch known as the Ministers Glebe at Eckford, to the Lothian Estates boundary at the Ninewells on the North or Ormiston bank.
The River Jed. Trout only fishing
On both banks from Mossburnford cauld to Jedfoot road bridge except fragmented parts where private water signs have been erected.
Spinning and Spinning Reels of any kind, and all forms of Minnow Fishing
for Trout prohibited . Spinning for salmon is permitted
with single hooks only. Fixed spool reels
are allowed for grayling fishing when used with 3lb breaking strain for bait or
trotting. Maggots and worm are allowed.
. Spinning for salmon is permitted with single hooks only. Fixed spool reels are allowed for grayling fishing when used with 3lb breaking strain for bait or trotting. Maggots and worm are allowed.
Permit holders may fish for Trout and Grayling from Monday to Saturday,
inclusive. No Sunday fishing.
Permit holders must return to the river all Parr or Smolts, also all
Trout under nine inches in length.
The holder of a permit from this Association must exhibit it to the
Association Watchers, or other persons having authority to demand exhibition
thereof, at all times when asked to do so, and any person refusing or failing to
exhibit a Permit may be turned off the River and the Permit forfeited.
The holder of a Permit undertakes to fish with legal lines only, and to
give all the assistance in his power to prevent illegal fishing and poaching. It
shall be his duty at once to report all illegal acts to the Secretary or
Watchers, and he shall allow the Watchers or other persons duly authorised to
inspect the fish and tackle in his possession.
No Permit holder shall be accompanied by a dog.
Permit holders are requested to close all gates through which they pass
and to avoid damaging fences or other property, or disturbing game, or to drop
litter or cause any other nuisance.
9. In the interest of conservation a bag limit of
2 Trout will be adhered
10. Juniors under the age of 16 must
be accompanied by an adult when fishing the Teviot.
11. Salmon Permits will not be issued to anyone under 16 years of age.
12. Anyone failing to comply with the Association Rules will forfeit their
13. Anyone fishing without a Permit will be liable to prosecution under the - Freshwater and Salmon Fisheries (Scotland) Act 1976 Revised Proposals for a Protection Order - Rivers Tweed and Eye Public Local Enquiry 25/27 June 1979 - The said Order to come into effect from 15th March 1980 for an initial period of 3 years.
14. The Seasons are :
SALMON - 1st February to 30th November (Fly only 1st-15th February) and (15th Sep to 30th November)
TROUT - 1st April to 30th September (Fly only
1st April -30th April).
GRAYLING - All Year
15. All anglers must adhere to the Tweed Code.
16. No worming, prawns, shrimp, live bait or multi-hook lures allowed when fishing for salmon.
17. Grayling anglers must at all time give way to those persons fishing for salmon.
18. All hen fish to be returned Nov 1st-Nov 30th.